Local Color - Kaua'i Style
click on any picture below for a full-sized version.
- Expeditions: Helicopter rides, catamaran cruises, ATV tours, whale watching expeditions, diving and snorkel trips, healing vacations, Zodiac boat trips, horseback riding, kayaking tours…these and many more activities may be arranged through your hosts. Hiking: Easy to strenuous, through mountains, canyons, swamps, rain forests. Try the famous Na'pali Coast, or an easier hike from the Wailua River to a backcountry waterfall.
- Beaches: Kauai features more beaches than any other Hawaiian island. There are special places for sunning, snorkeling, body surfing. The historically nude beaches of Kauai, Secret Beach and Donkey Beach are very close to Mahina Kai.
- Massage: Ask your hosts to hook you up with an appropriate certified massage therapist who will tend to your body’s needs.
- Dining: Mahina Kai is close to many of the Island’s favorite restaurants.
- Bonfires: Weekly Gay Men’s Bonfire and Monthly Full Moon Bonfire at a local beach.
- Shopping: Close to downtown Kapa'a (a charming old Hawaiian town) and the Coconut Marketplace - the east shore's largest outdoor shopping center. Kilauea and hanalei, just minutes to the north, also have some great little shops for Hawaiiana.
- Movies: We're also close to the Kilauea Theater - catch first run movies (both blockbusters and sometimes independent/gay films) at this friendly neighborhood one-screen theater.
- Kayaking: From adventurous to sublime, Kauai offers all kinds of Kayaking. Try the easy haul up the Wailua River to Fern grotto (a great wedding place) or the Kamokila Hawaiian Village, a recreated Hawaiian Village that was used in the movie Outbreak. Or try the short but achingly beautiful Kalihiwai River Valley. For the adventurous, there's also the thrill of ocean kayaking.
1-800-337-1134 (1-808-822-9451 outside US)
PO Box 699, Anahola, HI 96703
Home | Rooms | Amenities | Map and Directions | Local Color | Reservations |
Site Designed and Maintained by Mongoose on the Loose Web Design